Sunday, 2 August 2026

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Pro Tips for Algonkian Regional Park?

Hello friends, 

Just curious if anyone out there had any tips for flyfishing at Algonkian Regional Park. I searched through the forum but didn't really see much aside from old trip planning. 

I hopped out there on my paddleboard yesterday armed with two fly rods and a backup spinning rod with a wacky worm. I was only able to produce one smallmouth sitting in what I thought to be typical largemouth water using the wacky worm. It was all way more shallow than I though it would be and there was no clear current/running water the places I paddled to. It's so much different than places like the South Fork Shenandoah, so I was kind of flying blind and guessing. 

Curious if anyone has had much success there. Best zones (in general terms, not looking for a pin), time of year, type of water you're looking for, hot flies & sizes, etc. Really would appreciate it! 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/4230dd8a-c329-47ec-935a-6d033f25d457n%40googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment